[SOLVED] hard drive reset

JangKang

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
I have 2 hard drives in my pc, one being an SSD. I am going to sell my pc to a friend and want to wipe them so there is only windows left on them. I have searched this up but I get so many different options and I'm not sure which one to choose. note: my pc has no cd drive and I'm on windows 10. any good tutorials or easy ways of doing this? Any guidance is appreciated, thanks.

Solution
Depending on how sensitive the data is on your drive you might want to 'scramble' the drives data to make it unrecoverable.

What utility you use depends on what drive you are wiping.

If you just want a clean windows, you can either Reset it (settings>Update&security>Recovery>Reset) or Reinstall Windows (download and run microsofts media creation utility. It will put the win10 install onto a flash drive that you can boot from and install windows fresh.) You will need an 8gb or larger flashdrive on which all data will be erased - so back it up first.

popatim

Titan
Depending on how sensitive the data is on your drive you might want to 'scramble' the drives data to make it unrecoverable.

What utility you use depends on what drive you are wiping.

If you just want a clean windows, you can either Reset it (settings>Update&security>Recovery>Reset) or Reinstall Windows (download and run microsofts media creation utility. It will put the win10 install onto a flash drive that you can boot from and install windows fresh.) You will need an 8gb or larger flashdrive on which all data will be erased - so back it up first.

Solution