[SOLVED] Hard Drive running very slowly all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_48

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
Hello all,

I was running a .bat program to split some .mkv files on my external hard drive when it started to run VERY slowly.

The drive tries to run, but maxes out to 100% on processing, and the same issue happens when i plug it into my laptop. At the moment it seems to register when plugged in, but doesn't show in explorer, or it shows up but runs too slowly to actually use.

It's worth mentioning that the drive was on a shelf during this process and wasn't moved, so it shouldn't be damaged, and it was running very quickly, smoothly and well up until I ran this .bat process. I think its trying to do something constantly but i don't know what or how to stop it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Daniel_48

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
It was a .bat file i created to use MKVToolnix to split MKV files. I Just double clicked it. I closed the CMD windows, but i don't know if it can still run in the background or something, but ive restarted several times and still my hard-drive isn't working. Its actually worse at the moment, it doesn't even recognize the hard drive now when i plug it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS