hardisk red light

Hi,

After I start up the windowxp, the hardisk red light is on and
won't be off. And every program start very slow. The available memory is
250MB. please help. Thanks.

It sounds like you have a program running in the background. Hit
ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager and see which program is
consuming your CPU usage.
Also make sure you disk has been defragmented.

> Hi,
>
> After I start up the WindowsXP, the hardisk red light is on and won't
> turn off. Every programs starts very slow. The available memory is
> 250MB. please help. Thanks.

You should also check for spyware, etc. .. running in background.
This amount of memory works, but I prefer 384 to 512 Mb with WinXP SP2

gb

Deleting temporary internet files is another good one.

r.

""Allen Iverson"" <no_spam@bk.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> After I start up the windowxp, the hardisk red light is on and
> won't be off. And every program start very slow. The available memory is
> 250MB. please help. Thanks.

Where can I do the defragment?

"msnews.microsoft.com" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> It sounds like you have a program running in the background. Hit
> ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager and see which program is
> consuming your CPU usage.
> Also make sure you disk has been defragmented.
> ""Allen Iverson"" <no_spam@bk.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> After I start up the windowxp, the hardisk red light is on and
>> won't be off. And every program start very slow. The available memory is
>> 250MB. please help. Thanks.

Go to Start, Help and Support, type in Defragment

\"Allen Iverson\" wrote:

> Where can I do the defragment?
>

> "msnews.microsoft.com" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
>
>>It sounds like you have a program running in the background. Hit
>>ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager and see which program is
>>consuming your CPU usage.
>>Also make sure you disk has been defragmented.
>>""Allen Iverson"" <no_spam@bk.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>> After I start up the windowxp, the hardisk red light is on and
>>>won't be off. And every program start very slow. The available memory is
>>>250MB. please help. Thanks.

Will this have anything to do with virtual memory setup? If so, how and
where can I set it up?

Thanks.

Super