Question Has my GPU suddenly died on me? No signal errors

Dec 31, 2022
Hi, for a few months now my monitor has been randomly turning off and displaying “no signal” I’m then forced to shut the pc down, this issue has been on and off for months. I initially replaced the PSU as I believed that was the problem & it did fix the issue for a while but now it’s back. I then considered it was maybe the GPU so I did those stress tests and it was absolutely fine, no shut offs or anything. Unfortunately last week my pc did that “no signal” thing again and since then I haven’t been able to use my pc if the GPU is plugged in. I cleaned and inspected the GPU and don’t see anything, the fans still run fine and it still gets warm, there’s just no display and it’s not recognised in the device manager when I use integrated graphics. Any ideas what could’ve went wrong? My gpu has never been over clocked nor has it been used for high power gaming.

I’ve tried:
Replacing thermal paste
Reseating ram
Replacing the PSU
Removing the CMOS battery
Switching from HDMI to DP
Switching monitors
Rollbacking drivers (unfortunately my gpu isn’t recognised so I’m unable to update anything)
Made sure all the cables were seated correctly

The fans still work, it gets warm and it can recognise if the PCIE cables aren’t plugged into it. So I’m absolutely stuck on what is causing this

Nvidia GeForce x970

TRENDING THREADS