Question Has this ever happened to you while gaming? Black screen and sound stopped, computer still running.

Apr 11, 2020
Hello all!

I have been researching similar problems, however, sound usually keeps playing unlike mine.

Last night I was driving on IRacing when suddenly my monitor went back “HDMI no signal detected” and game sound stopped through the external speakers - however, the computer was still running! I tried taking the HDMI cable out of the graphics card and put it into the motherboards dedicated graphics. I even tried a brand new cable in both.

I hard shutdown and rebooted, all working fine.

I’m curious to know what happened... Did the system crash even though all the fans were still lit up and running? What would have caused this?

Specs (3 weeks old):
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
RAM: 8gb 3000mhz ram
MOBO: ASRock b450 pro4
PSU: 650w Corsair PSU
GPU: XFX RX580 8GB
STORAGE: M.2 WD BLUE 500gb SSD
MONITOR: Benq gl2450

Apr 11, 2020
Thanks for the reply! Sound output is from external usb speakers... This is the strange bit.

Very interesting, I wasn't aware that the HDMI input on the motherboard wouldn't work due to it being a RYZEN!

Does this mean it was a system crash, even though the system looked like it was running as normal (fans, lights etc.)

Apr 11, 2020
Model is a VS650.

I checked the event logs - Kernal-Power 41 PLUS a series of 16,15,55 ect. errors. (System black screen) crashed. I really would love to know what caused it.