Has Tom's abandoned its original audience?

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Way back when Tom's Hardware was owned and operated by a single German dude, almost all of the reviews were aimed at an audience using computers for work, not as glorified Ataris. Now, it seems finding any info on general purpose / business computing seems nigh impossible. My first four computers for home and MBA use, two of which I built, were based on what Tom's reviews said. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
While the site has evolved over time (as has tech), TH is still an incredible source for knowledge and assistance. Just about any PC topic imaginable can be addressed by the community.

What do you feel is missing? What issue are you having trouble finding a solution for?

Reactions: aldan

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Are all of your first 4 computers broken? Why do you need more information if they aren't. Why would you buy a Nintendo 64 if you already have an Atari? That seems to be your expectation of this site after all. There are tons of articles here about workstations and office computing. I read one just the other day on my google feed that was written by Tom's Hardware. You could probably find lots of business solutions under the "software" forum if need be. And the reason you don't see much "business" over gaming for hardware, is because it is all largely the same these days.