[SOLVED] Having Issues with audio. headphones detected my audio not coming through

Jun 26, 2020
So I recently build my first pc and now I'm having issues with audio. I have an Asrock a320-hdv r4.0 motherboard and I'm having issues with my headphones. when I plug them in, both the front and back port, it registers that there is something plugged in and stops playing sound through my monitor but no sound comes through my headphones. I have previously been suggested to update my Bios and try reinstalling my audio drivers, and I've done both but nothing. I've also tried setting my headphones to the default device within windows so I know that that's not the issue. I also know for certain that my front audio jack is hooked up to HD Audio on my motherboard, where it was labeled that its suppose to go. i have the Raltek audio console downloaded and ik that my motherboard uses Realtek drivers. The only way that ive been able to get audio to play through my headphones is to plug them into the jack on my monitor. im just curious if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows any fixes because ive been trying to figure it i for a couple days now and idk whats going on

Solution
^Weird then. Never had screen with build-in speakers, but if nv options still won't let your sound to pass to headphones looks weird.
In old realtek managers you had options to choose device from listed general types, after you plug it in socket. Is it available in your manager? I know it might sound like super "pr0" question, like "have you tried to turn it off and on?", but are you plugging headphones into green socket? Quite some time ago I had issues with that simply because I was putting heaphone jack into blue socket and my very old realtek does not recognised it. Also - another stupid question, but maybe, just maybe - are your hadphones works in another pc? Maybe they have external sound card of some sort?

RBuczynski

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
Maybe try to change current playback device in win10? Meh, not really, this is not this case.
It looks like monitor is primary source output. Maybe these realtek drivers have something in them to order outputs? Windows is, as far as I know (don't take that for granted, tho), free of that kind of options.
Have you tried to do something with monitor settings itself?

Jun 26, 2020
Maybe try to change current playback device in win10? Meh, not really, this is not this case.
It looks like monitor is primary source output. Maybe these realtek drivers have something in them to order outputs? Windows is, as far as I know (don't take that for granted, tho), free of that kind of options.
Have you tried to do something with monitor settings itself?
I was looking for it in the Realtek audio console but I didn't see anything. I'm fairly certain that my monitor is my primary output because I have an nvidia graphics card and im using an hdmi to connect to my monitor, which automatically enables HD audio through my monitor. I checked the Nvidia driver controller as well and it allows me to disable HD audio to my monitor but I still have no sound through my headphones so im unsure if it has to do with my drivers or the actual motherboard of my pc. ill try look at the monitor itself next

RBuczynski

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
^Weird then. Never had screen with build-in speakers, but if nv options still won't let your sound to pass to headphones looks weird.
In old realtek managers you had options to choose device from listed general types, after you plug it in socket. Is it available in your manager? I know it might sound like super "pr0" question, like "have you tried to turn it off and on?", but are you plugging headphones into green socket? Quite some time ago I had issues with that simply because I was putting heaphone jack into blue socket and my very old realtek does not recognised it. Also - another stupid question, but maybe, just maybe - are your hadphones works in another pc? Maybe they have external sound card of some sort?

Solution