Having problems installing my chipset drivers!

k2sheth

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Hey guys my system specs are:
Fx-8350
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
XFX R9-280x
Kingston hyperX blu-(2x4GB) 1600MHz
Corsair GS700 PSU
Corsair carbide 300r
WD BLACK 1TB
I have windows 7 ultimate sp1 64-bit and the amd install manager does not list chipset drivers for my system, in the list of things to be installed.
So please help me, as to why my chipsets are not being detected! Thank you !!

Solution

you should be fine, nothing to worry about. You are all good now :)

k2sheth

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Actually @brarboy thanks for your concern but unfortunately I did everything, I downloaded latest chipset driver from asuses website and I tried installing the whole thing again but still I could not find any chip set drivers in the list!
So how would the chipset look like in the device manager? what I mean, I have looked in the system device category and saw 'ATI I/O Communication processor PCI controller' and it had driver version 6.xx.xxx which was Microsoft default, so is that the North bridge? Thanks

brarboy

Honorable

Yes that's the one if you are looking for PCI drivers. For viewing chipset drivers in device manager, for the cpu chipset or gpu would be under Display adapter:
amd_780g___hybrid_crossfire_device_manager.png

And to update your PCI Bus drivers follow the link below:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162543

k2sheth

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Untitled1.htm
Yeah I have done that!!! Thanks! So there is no need to update that 'processor PCI controller' coz in my case PCI bus and that one both are present separately and then I installed the PCI bus to the latest driver!!!

brarboy

Honorable

you should be fine, nothing to worry about. You are all good now :)

Solution