Question Having weird lag issue on certain games after cleaning fans

Feb 9, 2020
Hello I'm new to forums. I have an acer predator helios 300 gaming laptop. My computer was fine I just opened it to clean the fans because of a heating issue. After closing it back up I have been experiencing weird periodic lag at set intervals but only while playing newer higher end games such as dmc5. Games like dead cells and even risk of rain 2 run fine. Any idea what the problem may be?

Ralston18

Titan
What happens when you play the "older" games: e.g., Dead cells and Risk of Rain 2 if I am understanding your post correctly.

If your "pre-cleaning" games are fine and the newer games are lagging then the laptop may simply not be up to supporting the newer games.

Laptop specs & OS?

When you cleaned the fans something else may have been bumped loose.

Consider re-opening the laptop to doublecheck that all connections and components are fully and firmly seated in place.

Feb 9, 2020
That's the odd part. The games ran fine before the cleaning and I've just found out skyrim is also affected. It can't be specs as everything played very well before. I opened it back up and I don't see anything out of place but I'm no professional.