HD swap help?

Viper294

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
I'm building a new pc tomorrow and I have a clean empty 500gb Hard drive. I will install windows on it and it should work fine. 500 gb is not enough for me. My current pc has some issues and I took all the parts out of it. I have a extra 1tb hard drive available now.

How will I be able to add this 1tb to my new pc build? The 500gb will have the main operating system.

Z170-a
I7-6700
Evga gtx960
16gb gskill rip jaws

Solution
Since your doing a fresh install of windows if their nothing you need on the old drive.
I would only connect the old drive to the new PC let the windows disc format it, this should leave a windows old.
Disconnect it and connect the new drive, install windows, after that cut PC off connect the old drive and assign it a drive letter, delete windows old and reformat the drive .

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Since your doing a fresh install of windows if their nothing you need on the old drive.
I would only connect the old drive to the new PC let the windows disc format it, this should leave a windows old.
Disconnect it and connect the new drive, install windows, after that cut PC off connect the old drive and assign it a drive letter, delete windows old and reformat the drive .

Solution