HDD 1TB Can't format, can't initialize CRC ERROR

Szymon_4

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Yesterday i turn pc on and i went in to another room. After hours i came back and pc crashed so i tried to turn it off but i can't so i restarted it, but my windows won't start. So i plugged another one (60GB) with windows and it started. Previous 1tb hdd had 2 partitions one with windows 100gb and another with games 900gb, but i couldn't open this with windows i tried to format it but i got error that format couldn't be completed. I tried everything from chkdsk, diskpart, manage i couldn't fomat. Second partition was working fine i could open it and there was no problem. After restarting PC second partition crashed too, i tried again formating etc. Today when i turned my pc on 2 partitions disappeared, so i went in to disk management and it shows 931.51 gb unallocated space. When i try to initalize it Cyclic redundancy check error comes in. I'm very worried about that becouse i bought this hdd 4 months ago it still have warranty. Sory for my language but i try my best.

Solution
There's definitely something wrong with that drive. CRC errors generally mean the drive has bad sectors. If it's happening right when you go to initialize the the drive, then the issue is likely right at the beginning sectors. It's also possible that there's a firmware issue with the drive such as a translator issue (especially if it's a Seagate). If it's under warranty and you don't need the data, definitely just RMA it.

JaredDM

Honorable
There's definitely something wrong with that drive. CRC errors generally mean the drive has bad sectors. If it's happening right when you go to initialize the the drive, then the issue is likely right at the beginning sectors. It's also possible that there's a firmware issue with the drive such as a translator issue (especially if it's a Seagate). If it's under warranty and you don't need the data, definitely just RMA it.

Solution