Dec 12, 2019
I bought an a 3tb HDD and after a few years it is bad now, big part of all files on it are corrupted and the read speed and write speeds are like 20% ... 4 months ago i bought an SSD 120gb and 1 tb hdd. I installed windows 10 to SSD, i let my 3tb hdd connected becouse why not... But today i heard 4 beeps. I was able to open bios and in boot manager run windows manually. but on every restart i have to select the windows boot manager manually even it is selected as the first boot option. When i disconnect the 3tb drive the windows boot manager option disappears, but how? It is installed on SSD. Without this drive i dont hear more beeps, only the bios opens and no windows boot manager, if i select the ssd it shows this "_" and nothing happens. How can i bring back windows boot manager with this drive disconnected ?

Dec 12, 2019
When you installed Windows, was the HDD left connected? If so, the boot partition gets put on the HDD, and not the SSD. The SSD should be the only drive connected during install.
All drives were connected, ssd and the 2 HDDs. The windows is istalled on ssd and if i boot into windows my c drive with windows is indeed on my ssd. So why my windows boot manager not? Can i fix it without reistall ?

Last edited: