[SOLVED] HDD is recognised in device and disk manager but is not appearing under file explorer

Jan 10, 2020
I recently migrated windows 10 onto my new ssd, everything boots fine however when i go into my file explorer under this PC i only see my new ssd and system reserve partition, my HDD is plugged in and connected to my PC and is showing up in the disk and device manager.

Solution
I would right click on D: in disk manage and select "Change Drive letter and..." and remove a drive letter from the Reserved partition. It shouldn't have one assigned to it.

Next right click on the Disk 0- 930.43GB partition, select 'Change Drive letters' again and assign one to there. You can use D: if you want.

If you do want to format it then you'll have to use diskpart from the admin command window but firstl with the power off, disconnect the hdd sata cable and see if it does indeed boot only from the SSD. We can walk you thru using diskpart if you wish to go that route.

popatim

Titan
I would right click on D: in disk manage and select "Change Drive letter and..." and remove a drive letter from the Reserved partition. It shouldn't have one assigned to it.

Next right click on the Disk 0- 930.43GB partition, select 'Change Drive letters' again and assign one to there. You can use D: if you want.

If you do want to format it then you'll have to use diskpart from the admin command window but firstl with the power off, disconnect the hdd sata cable and see if it does indeed boot only from the SSD. We can walk you thru using diskpart if you wish to go that route.

Solution