[SOLVED] HDD making noise on boot

Kasun@FET18

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
I have a Seagate barracuda 1TB and a 2TB just about 3 months old. Recently I've noticed a huge noise on boot and a very long shutdown time. Yes. I do have an SSD, but still it takes around 30 seconds to shutdown. (Boot time is as usual though, just the shutdown takes longer) In the process (after a few seconds from the screen goes dark) all the hard drives just freeze for a second and starts spinning again with the same noise on boot. I have no idea what ht e heck is going on and the 1TB drive started ejecting itself while in operation and I just returned it. Now I'm worried about the 2TB and it's full which I don't have a spare drive to backup my data. It makes the same noise on boot, but working properly while in operation after that.
Also I've noticed the Event logs say,
"Warning Disk Error Code: 153" and under that,
"The IO operation at logical block address 0xd64e7d6f for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\00000034) was retried."
Does this mean the 2TB is failing as well? Can someone help me? Both are green lableled Seagate Barracudas. I know seagate has a reputation for higher failure rates, but they were the only ones available in the shop. They say it could be my power supply bottlenecking. I have a 265W HP OEM and Yes it's 10+ years old. But even under full load it looks to work fine. I have Pentium G4560, 8 gigs of RAM and the rest you already know. PSU calculators shows it's about the peak power consumption, but I never went beyond 50% load. (Except when stress testing)
Can someone sort this mess for me? Thanks in advance!!

Kasun@FET18

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
Honestly I think it might be your psu, and the loud noise seems like it might be normal but not 100% sure.
Thanks for the info. Yes. I just realized it's a Power + Driver issue. Changed the PSU to an actual, and the noise on boot was gone. Next I reinstalled Windows the shutdown time issue got fixed. Also I carefully installed Windows updates and drivers and had no issue at all (Original drivers on ASUS website) . I wanted to update drivers through "Driver Pack Solutions" and after that, shutdown issue was back. Guess I should've stayed with ASUS drivers.