Question HDD making way too much noise

TacoBelloJello

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Video Example

I got a brand new Seagate Barracuda 2TB from Amazon last month and have been using it since with no problems. Starting yesterday it’s been making its “read write” noise nonstop even on idle or when only power is connected (no data cable). It’s super loud and I’m worried if the drive is functioning properly. It's so intense it physically shakes my desk. I’ve attached a video for the audio but it’s hard to convey exactly how loud this is. The clicking and rumbling is the real problem, the whirring is normal but seems much louder in the video than in real life. Any thoughts of if I should get an RMA?

Video Example

I got a brand new Seagate Barracuda 2TB from Amazon last month and have been using it since with no problems. Starting yesterday it’s been making its “read write” noise nonstop even on idle or when only power is connected (no data cable). It’s super loud and I’m worried if the drive is functioning properly. It's so intense it physically shakes my desk. I’ve attached a video for the audio but it’s hard to convey exactly how loud this is. The clicking and rumbling is the real problem, the whirring is normal but seems much louder in the video than in real life. Any thoughts of if I should get an RMA?
Some noise is normal and usual but that much to be bothersome is certainly not. Yes. it's valid reason for RMA.