[SOLVED] HDD Seagate Barracuda recognized and detected in BIOS but not in Windows.

Aug 29, 2021
Hello! I have a problem with my HDD: it is not recognized in windows 10. Neither in Disk management, or Device manager. When I plug it in, I hear it “spin” (if that is the right word) but I can’t see it.
I have to mention that it has a version of windows on it; I think it’s a corrupted windows because I had problems When I had issues with booting, I couldn’t see the HDD partition anymore. My windows is now installed on SSD.
Could it be that it is failing because of the corrupted file on it?

i have a GIGABYTE b560m ds3h motherboard. I am quite afraid to install the raid/sata drivers because the hdd right now has that windows on it and I have just managed to boot the PC with a clean legal version of win 10 and it works thank god.

(this is my very first PC so I really don’t know what I’m doing)

Aug 29, 2021
i would try hdd on another PC and see if it can see it.

what make/model hdd is it?
Thank you for commenting and sorry for not specifying from the start: I have a HDD Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA3 64MB.
I will try to see if it works on another pc but until I get a hold of someone with another set up, I was wondering if there are other options.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It doesn't even load the OS, it just checks the drives.

The files may already be damaged simply as you can't access them now, so we see.

the program won't damage them. it just looks.

most storage makers have something you can use to look at their drives.

Aug 29, 2021
It doesn't even load the OS, it just checks the drives.

The files may already be damaged simply as you can't access them now, so we see.

the program won't damage them. it just looks.

most storage makers have something you can use to look at their drives.
I was just checking. I have a trauma now with the time I tried booting up the PC. Will check then, thank you SO much!