Question HDDs are failing on my machine

Apr 8, 2019
I just built this setup for the first time of my life:
i7 4790k
Motherboard Gigabyte Ga-z97x gaming gt
Gtx 1070 Palit Jetstream
8gb Ram DDR3
MasterCooler 500W PSU
64gb SanDisk SSD with the WIN10 System installed - 2TB HDD for programs and files

So I have been working fine with the 2TB Seagate HDD for a month until yesterday when the mouse kept stuttering and nothing could be executed in the system and eventually resulted in a blue screen ( Unexpected_Store_Exception ) and then made my PC very slow to turn on and off and stopped working afterwards. I tried it on other machines but it wasn't even detected or shown with CrystalDiskInfo.
I bought another used Seagate HDD with 1TB to test it and It worked great for a whole day. Tonight, I have got the mouse stuttering and then my PC showed the blue screen error again. I turned it off and tried the HDD on another PC and it worked fine!
I'm not sure of what to do right now. Is my PSU doing the problem or shall I buy a new HDD?

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
what do you suggest that I can do right now? I'm lost
I would suggest that you clean your air filters and make sure your cooling fans are working right, but since your system is pretty new, those things shouldn't be an issue. I just think you had some bad luck with those two hard drives. Try another HDD. Do you have a 2.5 inch HDD from an old laptop you could try?

Apr 8, 2019
Hard Disk Sentinel will let you know if it is a HDD problem, but I doubt it is.
As other have said, but maybe it's the mouse failing, or you got a hair on the lense....
Bring back the ball :)
I don't have problems in my mouse and I'm running it right now on an SSD perfectly fine. I got the mouse stuttering only seconds before the windows showed a blue screen!

Apr 8, 2019
Updates:
I just bought another HDD and it was working fine for some hours then it made my PC stutter a lot, mouse getting blocked and then stopped working or executing anything.
Does this mean it's 100% PSU issue?

CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAP-A3
That is essentially 360W PSU.
Not a very good idea to pair it with GTX 1070.

image;s=644x461

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
You have tried a few different HDD's with the same result. I was just wondering if the problem could be in your wiring. Have you always used the same SATA power and data wires/connections? If so, you could try connecting the HDD with different SATA power and data wires/connections.