[SOLVED] HDMI cable from pc to TV not working

tpturtle

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Hi, I have weird situation. I have 10 meters(32 feet) hdmi cable connected from pc to tv that served for playing games on tv from time to time. Everything worked really good before I unplugged cable few days ago. When I plugged it in again it didn't work. My pc wont recognise it. I tried:
  1. connecting hdmi cable to other pc hdmi port(NOT WORKING)
  2. connecting hdmi cable to other tv hdmi port(NOT WORKING)
  3. Disconnected cables from tv and pc left few minutes and then connected cable(NOT WORKING)
  4. Cleared external display cache(NOT WORKING)
  5. Unplugged tv from power for few minutes(NOT WORKING)
  6. Restarted pc with hdmi plugged/unplugged in(NOT WORKING)
  7. Tried combinations of 6 steps above(NOT WORKING)
  8. Checked tv software(UP TO DATE)
  9. Checked gpu drivers(UP TO DATE)
  10. Disconnected everything besides keyboard and hdmi(NOT WORKING)
  11. Tried to connect laptop(4k resolution) to tv with same cable(WORKING)
  12. Tried to connect pc to different monitor(2k resolution) with same hdmi cable (WORKING)
So cable work on any other device, and tv works with any other device.

TV in question is Sony KD-55XG8196(android). Pc gpu is RTX2060.

Do you have any more ideas what to try or why is this happening?

HDMI cable is generic one((there is HIGH SPEED HDMI WITH ETHERNET ). Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
First rhanks for answering I tried that wasn't issue. I found the issue. Issue is electricity that is on on one fuse. To explain in detail I renovated house and electritian messed with fusses and now whole room is on one fuse(including air conditioning, pc and tv) so when air conditioning is on bigger temperatures it won't work but when it is on lower it will work. Totally unexpected problem
Have you tried to turn Tv on only after you're sure windows has started and all drivers loaded.
I ask because it seems video is near last to load and has happened on my Tv as well.
You can also try to turn off fast boot and or CSM mode ( may be stored in UEFI on MB)

tpturtle

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
First rhanks for answering I tried that wasn't issue. I found the issue. Issue is electricity that is on on one fuse. To explain in detail I renovated house and electritian messed with fusses and now whole room is on one fuse(including air conditioning, pc and tv) so when air conditioning is on bigger temperatures it won't work but when it is on lower it will work. Totally unexpected problem

Solution