Feb 15, 2019
So I bought a HDMI to VGA Adapter and it arrived last month, it worked fine for the first 2-3 times and then it stopped working. I'm trying to connect my monitor(Samsung syncmaster 920nw) to my(windows 10)HP Notebook. Like I said it worked fine for the first tries and then it stopped working after the first uses.I've tried everything such as installing drivers, uninstalling drivers, reconnect the cable, switch vga cable, use another monitor which it didn't work with the adapter, change the monitor power cable. What's funny is that the cable seems to be working with my Playstation 3 connected to my monitor. The conclusion that I took was that the monitor is not broken neither is the cable because it kinda seems that dies every time I try to connect the monitor to the notebook it does not work. I even tried to change to dual monitor by pressing Windows Key + P and I had no response at all.

sniper7777777

Honorable
Sep 22, 2014
the truth is a lot of these adapters don't work correctly I would spend a good amount of money in store to buy an adapter at wherever you can get one locally and if it still doesn't work you can return it =)

Feb 15, 2019
the truth is a lot of these adapters don't work correctly I would spend a good amount of money in store to buy an adapter at wherever you can get one locally and if it still doesn't work you can return it =)

Yeah, I feel like I got scammed. I'm thinking of wasting some cash to buy an actual REAL adapter. Well, if I don't find a solution in the future I'll probably go with that plan. :)