HDMI to VGA converter sends signal from PS3 to monitor, but no picture.

Dylan_37

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
I ordered this HDMI to VGA converter to attempt to play PS3 using the VGA port on my monitor which is connected to my computer using it's DVI input.

http://www.primecables.com/p-346353-cab-fl-1476-000-hdmi-14-male-to-vga-female-with-35mm-audio-adapterbuilt-in-chipset-black-primecables

The converter DOES send a signal to the monitor, and the monitor does recognize whatever resolution I have previously set the PS3 to using my TV in my living area. But yet, there's no picture.

There shouldn't be any problems regarding resolution seeing as the VGA port on my monitor supports 1920x1080.

Can anyone provide a possible fix to this problem, or at least give me a sound explanation to why this isn't working, because it's quite confusing to me.

* I have already tried resetting the PS3 displays settings by holding down the power button, I've tried utilizing the USB to micro slot on the converter to try and it give it more power, and have also hooked up to various different VGA monitors, none of which have worked.

Solution
Verify the connections:

1) Computer DVI port to Monitor DVI port

and at the same time (?)

2) PS3 HDMI port to adapter to Monitor VGA port

And you intend to go back and forth between using the computer and the PS3.

What monitor do you have?

Ralston18

Titan
Verify the connections:

1) Computer DVI port to Monitor DVI port

and at the same time (?)

2) PS3 HDMI port to adapter to Monitor VGA port

And you intend to go back and forth between using the computer and the PS3.

What monitor do you have?

Solution