[SOLVED] HDR Option Randomly gone

stanley88845

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I have a Samsung Odyssey G9 and windows has randomly decided that my monitor no longer supports HDR? I have changed nothing about my system and the other day when I went to turn on HDR, the setting was gone and Windows is saying that my monitor isn't applicable for HDR and is now saying my monitor is called "Wired Display" rather than "Samsung LC49G95T" yet Nvidia Control Panel is still calling it by the correct name?

Solution
check Devices & Printers for any error related to the monitor
and check Device Manager if there's a problem with the monitor's driver.
reinstalling any Samsung software can also help.

i've had quite a few issues with Windows over the years "forgetting" certain devices and losing specific features like refresh rate, HDR, etc.
many times only a system restart would fix it.

i've had quite a few issues with Windows over the years "forgetting" certain devices and losing specific features like refresh rate, HDR, etc.

Solution

stanley88845

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
The only weird thing I can see about the drivers is that it is saying it is a "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" I've never had a monitor say that it is "Non-PnP" before.

I doubt it is an issue with the Software for the monitor as I haven't touched that.

This is the first time I have ever had any issue like this before.

The only weird thing I can see about the drivers is that it is saying it is a "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" I've never had a monitor say that it is "Non-PnP" before...
I doubt it is an issue with the Software for the monitor as I haven't touched that.
maybe try "touching" that and installing the proper software and drivers.
This is the first time I have ever had any issue like this before.
doesn't mean it hasn't or won't continue to happen.

if all settings in the display's OSD are set correctly
than it is either a software issue(drivers or settings) within the OS
or a hardware malfunction of the display.