HDTV and GEFORCE2

G

Anyone there can tell me how I can see HDTV with my GEFORECE2 GTS card?

G

How you can see HDTV? HDTV has a resolution of 1920x1080. I am making an assumption that you are wanting to INPUT HDTV so you can view it on your monitor or save it to hard disk. For that you will need a tv tuner card and no tuner card as far as i know, can handle HDTV RF input. If you have an ASUS video card, it may have Composite inputs and S-Video inputs, neither of which are really HDTV compatible.

================
Ian McGinley
parawolf

G

That's the highest resolution, not all shows will be broadcast in that high a res. Higher end 19" and most 21" monitors can go that high. My 19" ViewSonic A90 only goes up to 1600x1200x60 though.
HDTV TV tuner cards should be out sometime in 2001.

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think you need a digital TV tuner card that is capable of receiving HDTV input(?if it exists).
What they are saying is that the Geforce2 Card can easily accept that information and output it at HDTV resolution which is 1080 interlaced by the way. I would argue that 1280x1024 non-interlaced is better than that.

James

G

Thanks but what I'm trying to find out is that at the Nvidia website appear that the Geforce2 cards can decode HDTV with just a DTV card receiver. Just look at Nvidia website and see info of Geforce2 and HDTV.

Looks just like a massive PR push. It mentions next to nothing on motion compestation or doing real decoding. Just being able to output on the vga device at that resolution.

Take it with a large grain of salt.

=================
Ian McGinley
parawolf