Heading wont hold

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Not sure if this is just an issue with the "plane" I was flying or some
other issue.

I started a recreation of the Gobal Flyer flight just for kicks. Wether
using FSnav or trying to set a manual heading, when I was over the Atlantic
my heading wouldn't hold true. IF I set 90d heading it would actually track
closer to 180d. These are approximations but it wouldnt track anywhere close
and wanted to head south. The AltZ heading showed different than any
instrumentation. I finally gave up after 4 attempts.

"SIMON" <REMOVE-Wsimon9@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if this is just an issue with the "plane" I was flying or some
> other issue.
>
> I started a recreation of the Gobal Flyer flight just for kicks. Wether
> using FSnav or trying to set a manual heading, when I was over the
> Atlantic my heading wouldn't hold true. IF I set 90d heading it would
> actually track closer to 180d. These are approximations but it wouldnt
> track anywhere close and wanted to head south. The AltZ heading showed
> different than any instrumentation. I finally gave up after 4 attempts.

Did you try hitting the "D" key to make sure your directional gyro is
properly aligned? I've noticed it has a tendancy to drift, even without
being set to do so.

Jay B

Simon

Distinguished