Question Headphones are randomly disconnecting ?

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Hello everyone,
Recently my Razer Kraken Ultimate Headphones have begun randomly disconnecting.
I have reinstalled razer synapse, which is known to cause issues, but it still persists. Nothing weird was done recently besides updating Windows and that's all. Can this be the cause?

I also want to point out, that it usually happens when i put my headphones down and grab them again, but even if imove the cable like crazy they don't disconnect, could it maybe be the static electricity?

It even sometimes disconnects my mouse, but that isn't as often. I would suggest that it started happening with the newest windows 10 update.
I still didn't try to reinstall OS cause i have work to finish, but if that's something that can help i would definetely consider it.
I just want it fixed cause it's been really ennoying.

Thanks in advance,
Sheenize

Ralston18

Titan
Take the headphones off slowly and carefully to avoid rubbing hair and creating a static build up.

Also try to remember to ground yourself by touching metal somewhere before picking up the headphones.

Try some anti-static spray on your chair or wherever you sit when wearing the headphones.

Do all three of the above for few days and determine if the disconnects end. Especially if working/living in a cool dry environment.

If antistatic measures do not end the problem then there are other things that can be looked at and checked.

Reactions: Nick C.

Nick C.

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Take the headphones off slowly and carefully to avoid rubbing hair and creating a static build up.

Also try to remember to ground yourself by touching metal somewhere before picking up the headphones.

Try some anti-static spray on your chair or wherever you sit when wearing the headphones.

Do all three of the above for few days and determine if the disconnects end. Especially if working/living in a cool dry environment.

If antistatic measures do not end the problem then there are other things that can be looked at and checked.
Thank you. I will try the things you said.