[SOLVED] Health check app says compatible but windows says its not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2020
I meet every requirement (Me checking without the Health Check program). The Health Check program says i meet the requirements, but in the windows system update says it doesn't meet the requirements! I've been in and out of the BIOS making sure everything is activated/deactivated. EVERYTHING checks out. TPM is good, CSM is disabled, UEFI boot is enabled, I converted the SSD to GPT, I meet all the system requirements. Is there a bug or something? I am also an insider so i should be able to download it and run windows 11.

Here is an image showing what i am talking about.

I'm dumbfounded.

Edit: Secure boot is also enabled. Is it possibly because my other SSD and hard drive are not GPT?

Edit: Okay, I figured it out but will leave the post up for others to find if need be. I had joined the Insider program believing my pc was compatible. I learned my bios was in legacy mode and I had secure boot off. I then changed these issues and it made the health check app turn green. I then checked for an update to get the preview build and it didn't show up. I then unlinked my account in the insiders tab and re-linked it. This literally fixed it. Unlinking and re-linking my account. I am currently downloading it and cannot wait!

Last edited:
Solution
its only the beta, and its not all that much different to windows 10 but thanks for the 2nd edit as it may help others who have same problem :)

So seems thats a bug in the insiders program then since you changed the settings, its strange you need to unlink and relink again.

you don't currently need secure boot enabled, I am on 11 and don't have it on. I pass that test as well

Colif

Win 11 Master
its only the beta, and its not all that much different to windows 10 but thanks for the 2nd edit as it may help others who have same problem :)

So seems thats a bug in the insiders program then since you changed the settings, its strange you need to unlink and relink again.

you don't currently need secure boot enabled, I am on 11 and don't have it on. I pass that test as well

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.