Question Heat & fan speed analysis with warning

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I'm satisfied with my system overall. I placed it in a manner that increased heat a few weeks ago and after a few hours took off my earbuds and left the room it was it and realized my fans were going crazy (and not background noise as I assumed). I then placed an external fan directly toward the CPU & GPU even longer so it would "balance" out. My system is almost always on.

Is there a software that would analyze my system heat & fan speed for some days or weeks and realize when something drastically change? I'm now concerned something might happen that I wouldn't be able to detect from fan noise or that even more time would pass by before realizing the issue.

Thank you kindly for your help

HWiNFO will give you a Current, Min, Max, and Average readout of the temperature for multiple components.

if you're gaming or doing any CPU/GPU intensive tasks keep an eye on the live temperatures with an OSD.

temperature is not going to just randomly spike for no reason.
it will either always be high or it will just spike while the system is being taxed.

include your complete system specs
with system-wide cooling included;
CPU cooler
case make & model, it's fans, their locations, and their orientation
system's location(desktop, floor, cabinet, etc)
and the ambient temperature in the room.

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Is it really necessary to include my complete system specs in case
  1. a fan or heat sink become defective or
  2. something drops in my case, since its panel is open, or
  3. my system is moved in a sub-optimal way (it's right next to my chair and other situations in which I intend to put it back)
I just want something to check if something is abnormally wrong. I know when I take multiple screenshots in a row while gaming or there's a memory leak that my system is maxed out a few mins, but if it's > 20 mins, something is very wrong.

Is it really necessary to include my complete system specs
if you want any professional insight into what your actual issue, if any, may be.

sounds like you don't have much of a clue on your own what could possibly be going on so i would imagine you may want some outside advice/help with your possible issue(s).

if temperatures are spiking to an abnormally high range then it is due to either your system configuration or to some outside attribute.
providing the requested information will offer the answer, or lead us to that answer.

Last edited:

DynV

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
if you want any professional insight into what your actual issue, if any, may be.
GIGABYTE GA-B150M-DS3H (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel B150 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i3-6100 3M 3.7 GHz LGA 1151 BX80662I36100 Desktop Processor
GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model GPR416GB3000C15ADC
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 590 DirectX 12 GV-RX590GAMING-8GD Rev. 2.0 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card
Corsair CX Series CX450M 450W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Certified SEMI-MODULAR Power Supply Unit
Crucial MX300 M.2 2280 275GB TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CT275MX300SSD4