Question Heat sink very close to Ram

silenthunt316

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Hey guys happy Memorial Day weekend, I just got the noctua d15. And the front fan in numbing into the ram. Not putting pressure on it or nothing. What should I do? Any help will be appreciated :)

eastonco

BANNED
Jan 18, 2020
Could you provide a picture of the inside of the case so we know exactly what we are working with here? If it is hardly touching the ram, and the ram has a heat sync, it may not be that big of a deal. Often times, heatsyncs on ram are pretty and all but don't do an incredible amount to cool the RAM (expecially with cheaper RAM brands) unless the RAM is under higher temperatures from something such as over clocking. You may be fine with it hardly touching, but I would love to see a pic to say more.

Also, are you overclocking your CPU, RAM, or any other component that may cause higher temperatures?

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
The frames of the fans are not super hard PCB, if you have a hobby knife or a chisel and you are willing to get your hands dirty, you can remove a few millimeters from both ends. Alternatively, some sandpaper.

Just be careful about it.