[SOLVED] Heating issues with Acer Predator Helios 300

Mar 22, 2020
Hi everyone, for some time now I have noticed that my laptop was overheating! Yesterday I tried some googling and adjusting some settings to try and fix this and nothing helped. Let me get into details of my situation. My laptop is blowing out of the fans so loud it's crazy but it's not weird because it's overheating, it's stupid hot. After I checked the temp's on my "acer predator sense" program I was surprised! My CPU temp after the laptop was just running on the background screen and doing nothing 78°C, I assumed that was a lot. The temp on my GPU was 50°C. All of that was at the fan speed of, (for CPU) 4761 rpm, (for GPU) 5357 rpm. I tried putting the cooling up on max it didn't help just for about a few °C. I ran a game and the temp went up to like max 90°C The specs of my laptop: Intel core I7-8th gen Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 1TB HDD 256GB SSD 16 GB RAM DDR4 So what I wanted to ask you was, should I just go and get my warranty because I still have it and the laptop is just a few months old. Or is there something you can advise me to do before? Thanks for the help!

Solution
Nothing to really change; that's normal.

Get a cooling pad and set Windows power plan to balanced, if it's not already there.

Crazy as it sounds, but 90C is normal for a laptop.
Sep 15, 2019
Just Try To Under Volt Your CPU Using Throttle Stop! undervolt cpu to -145v!!! try this method if still overheating then repaste your cpu and gpu using good thermal paste and clean fans

TRENDING THREADS