Hello please immediate help ! Please !

Slick2sick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2014
Hello i got 2 monitors a 21" inch and a 19 " And i decided to link them together so i can surf on the 19" and play on the 21" on the same time
My GPU is 560 ti 448 and it has 2 dvi ports and 1 hdmi port and 1 port idk whats it name :p IT HAS NO VGA PORTS!
My cpu is e8400 i think it doesnt matter but its 3.0ghz core 2 duo
Also my PSU is Hkc 550 watt ^_^

SO the problem is that the 19" screen is blank and when i open nvidia control panel it appears that they are 2 monitors detected AND AND another cool fact is that if i grab a file from my main monitor and move it to the left it dissappears and it feels like it moved to the other monitor ^^
SO could u guys pls help me whats wrong
And by the way 19" monitor has only vga output BUT the 21" has vga and dvi output BUT im using the vga cos i dont have a dvi cable PLUS im both connecting them to the card with 2 dvi adapter
Please help as soon as possible

Shadowblade2652

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

The funny thing is, if you try and use the browser while you're in game, it will lose focus of the game and your game will minimize. You can't use a browser on a second monitor (Trust me, I had the same hopes of my dual monitors and then that never happened).

Shadowblade2652

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Switch the cables with each other and see if the other monitor now becomes discolored. If it does, then you will have an issue with the cable.

Also, What kind of DVI ports are they? DVI-I ports have fewer pins and can be used with the VGA-DVI adapter. DVI-D (digital) ports cannot be used with the VGA-DVI adapter and will require an actual DVI cable.

Shadowblade2652

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Does it look like an HDMI port with the corner cut off? If it is, then that's a displayport (which, by the way, is the best display standard at the moment). You can use a displayport to dvi adapter for one of the cables (it's only around $5 - 7 USD), and the VGA to VGA cable for the monitor that only has a VGA port.

By lose focus, I mean, if you attempt to click anywhere outside of the game while you are in game, then the game will minimize. Focus just means what window the mouse/keyboard control at any given time. If you are just watching a stream and are not interacting with the window or anything of the sort, then you should be fine.

Slick2sick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2014
If that guy has the dvi cable im going to use the dvi cable he gives me to my main 21" monitor cos it has 2 outputs dvi and vga im gona link with my video card,,,, so i can use my vga cable iv been using on my main monitor to the 19" one cos it might be faulty or something :D

Shadowblade2652

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Use that port. I'm not joking lol. It is by FAR the best standard to use when using a monitor cable. Try and get a DVI to Displayport cable (which is like 7 dollars on Amazon).

Slick2sick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2014
no i havent tried it out yet im just waiting for my dad to come and give me the dvi cable so i can swap the cables use the NOT FAULTY one (the one im using with a dvi adapter" vga cable on my 19" :) So i can use the dvi cable on my main monitor cos this 21" monitor has 2 outputs as i said vga and dvi iv been using vga

Shadowblade2652

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Like I said, swap the cables and see if the monitor with the faulty cable ALWAYS has problems with colors. If it doesn't then it's the monitor. If it does, then it's the cable.