[SOLVED] Help achieving 144hz or more

Dec 5, 2020
Hello,

I recently purchased a 240 (280 when overclocked) 1ms response monitor (ASUS TUF VG259QMY), and with both the windows display and NVIDIA control panel settings changed appropriately I am still only receiving roughly 90-100 fps on COD Cold War. Here is my build; any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/OhSoManiac/saved/z3dpHx

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you've gone into Nvidia's control panel and set the refresh rate for your display to 144Hz, then perhaps try and work with another title. If the issue persists, make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and manually install the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site.

Lutfij

Titan

If you've gone into Nvidia's control panel and set the refresh rate for your display to 144Hz, then perhaps try and work with another title. If the issue persists, make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and manually install the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site.

Reactions: OhSoManiac
Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,

I recently purchased a 240 (280 when overclocked) 1ms response monitor (ASUS TUF VG259QMY), and with both the windows display and NVIDIA control panel settings changed appropriately I am still only receiving roughly 90-100 fps on COD Cold War. Here is my build; any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/OhSoManiac/saved/z3dpHx
That sounds about right with a 2060 card if your on high settings.

Dec 5, 2020

I'll give that a try!