[SOLVED] Help burning a home video to a DVD

Braxton Jensen

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
I recently recorded some of my old home video VHS taps and now have an mp4 file for them. I want to transfer them into a disc/DVD but am having issues doing so. I tried just using the built-in Windows 10 burning "program" but after it is done it doesn't seem to work in any of my DVD players in which, I tried two separate ones as well as my Xbox One as well but it just spits the disk back out. I haven't burned a disc/DVD in a really long time so I don't really remember if I needed to do anything special but now I am just confused on how to get this mp4 file that I got onto a disc that is able to be played on a DVD player.

Thanks in advance for helping, hopefully, I can get this figured out.

Solution
With BurnAware (the free version) that would allow me to just select the MP4 file, I have currently and just burn it to the disc and it'll work with basically any DVD player? Or is there something else I need to do first?
No,You don't need to do anything more , You Just need to make sure that The DVD you will use Is DVD-R because some DVD Players refrain from Playing DVD+R (though they sometimes do but they don't play it Nicely) but other than that,You're Good to Go.

You can try this if Burnaware is not right for You:
Source and More Info:https://www.wikihow.com/Burn-a-DVD
With BurnAware (the free version) that would allow me to just select the MP4 file, I have currently and just burn it to the disc and it'll work with basically any DVD player? Or is there something else I need to do first?
No,You don't need to do anything more , You Just need to make sure that The DVD you will use Is DVD-R because some DVD Players refrain from Playing DVD+R (though they sometimes do but they don't play it Nicely) but other than that,You're Good to Go.

Last edited:
Solution

Braxton Jensen

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015

I am using a DVD-R Disc, with that said though, with BurnAware once opened there is a lot of options but there is one labeled "DVD-Video" and I am assuming I need to use that one. When I click on that it comes up with a new window and in there I need to add the file or whatever. But as a placeholder there are two folders in there, do I just ignore them or what?

Thanks for the help thusfar

I am using a DVD-R Disc, with that said though, with BurnAware once opened there is a lot of options but there is one labeled "DVD-Video" and I am assuming I need to use that one. When I click on that it comes up with a new window and in there I need to add the file or whatever. But as a placeholder there are two folders in there, do I just ignore them or what?

Thanks for the help thusfar
May IAsk The Name of the 2 Folders?