noyaus

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
Hi Guys

HP All-in-One PC Core i5 8/512GB or R5-4600H/16GB/512GB for running Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Pro

What are your general thoughts for using a HP 24" All-in-One PC Core i5 8/512GB White 24-df0026a for some basic home use work as well as some occasionally running some of the Adobe Creative Cloud programs like Photoshop, & Premiere Pro (Exactly those 2 applications are the 2 Adobe Products that I use). Do you reckon that this desktop will be able to handle them. I can see that they have the Intel Core i5 Processor 10th generation. And from friends I have heard that the i5 is the 2nd best Intel processor in the i Series range. What do you guys think? or would something like it's equivalent like the HP Pavilion 23.8-inch R5-4600H/16GB/512GB SSD All-in-One Desktop with the 4th generation Ryzen 5 core be as good and it has the 16GB of RAM.

I'd love to hear your thoughts

The device specs for both websites can be viewed at:
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...pc-core-i5-8-512gb-white-24-df0026a-hpdf0026a

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
All-in-one computers are pretty low-end computers most of the time, if you're a gamer all-in-ones are not for you in the slightest.

If you still want one of the 2 computers provided, since one has a Ryzen and the other a CoreI, it depends on if you want speed or reliability. If you want speed, go with the Ryzen one. If you want reliability, go with the Intel one,

Sidenote - Your friends are wrong, the I5 is the third most powerful intel, not the second. The 2 more powerful ones are I7 and I9.

Lutfij

Titan
If by basic, you mean doing minor touchups, not loading huge RAW images on Ps and also not rendering, then yes any prebuilt AIO will be a good investment. If you plan to go professional into Adobe's Creative Suite/Cloud, what have you, you should look at a desktop that allows for upgrades.

Upgrades like more ram, more storage, options for adding SSD's, then adding a beefy GPU down the road.

From where I'm looking the ryzen 4600h is a slightly stronger processor than the 10400t.

It definitely has better integrated graphics and the fact it has 16gb ram which a necessity considering your proposed workload.

Agree with Lutfij regarding upgradability (or lack of) but there is a place for those systems if they suit for workload.

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021
All-in-one computers are pretty low-end computers most of the time, if you're a gamer all-in-ones are not for you in the slightest.

If you still want one of the 2 computers provided, since one has a Ryzen and the other a CoreI, it depends on if you want speed or reliability. If you want speed, go with the Ryzen one. If you want reliability, go with the Intel one,

Sidenote - Your friends are wrong, the I5 is the third most powerful intel, not the second. The 2 more powerful ones are I7 and I9.

Solution