Question Help choosing motherboard

Aug 12, 2020
Motherboard ATX Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite vs Motherboard ATX Asus TUF B450-PLUS Gaming

I'm having a little problem while I'm trying to buy my new PC, I can't differ these two motherboards:
Motherboard ATX Asus TUF B450-PLUS Gaming
and
Motherboard ATX Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
I want to buy the AMD Ryzen 5 3600, and both are compatible with this CPU
If any expert oy here can help me I would appreciate
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
What M.2 SSD will you be dropping into that board? If heatsinks aren't your thing and you don't have a hot headed M.2 SSD running on the board, you can do with the Asus board. If you're looking too cool the M.2 SSD additionally, then get the Gigabyte. The onboard audio setup on the Gigabyte board is better(if you're going to use analog connections). The second M.2 on the Gigabyte is PCIe Gen 3x2 while the Asus is non existent, so it also boils down to what you're looking for on the board.

Aug 12, 2020
What M.2 SSD will you be dropping into that board? If heatsinks aren't your thing and you don't have a hot headed M.2 SSD running on the board, you can do with the Asus board. If you're looking too cool the M.2 SSD additionally, then get the Gigabyte. The onboard audio setup on the Gigabyte board is better(if you're going to use analog connections). The second M.2 on the Gigabyte is PCIe Gen 3x2 while the Asus is non existent, so it also boils down to what you're looking for on the board.
I'm not putting any SSD, I know that's better, but I have a 1TB external disc, and I don't really wanna pay more to have a SSD

I'm not putting any SSD, I know that's better, but I have a 1TB external disc, and I don't really wanna pay more to have a SSD
What do you mean by external disc ? Do you intend to boot win10 from an external disk (USB)?
This is not possible (at least with the versions available to the general public). You need something attached to a SATA or M2 port

Aug 12, 2020
What do you mean by external disc ? Do you intend to boot win10 from an external disk (USB)?
This is not possible (at least with the versions available to the general public). You need something attached to a SATA or M2 port
No, my Win10 is installed in my internal disc.
I just use my external disc to put all my games there, just to be a little quicker and to have more space