Question HELP! Completely Stumped, Having trouble disabling Charging beep for windows 10

zeus224

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
My laptop charger sometimes does not power my laptop correctly so the laptop will frequently switch between being charged and not, the damn beep every time it disconnects and reconnects is driving me nuts and I want to disable it until I can get a new charger. I have tried all the normal fixes to disable it. I have disabled all sounds in program events, I have tried to disable the beep from the properties menu of realistic high definition audio but in levels there is no slide bar for system beeps. I have tried disabling the beeps from device manager but there is no drop down menu for Non-plug and play drivers even with hidden drivers showing. There is also no option for System sounds to be disabled under system devices. Turning down my volume fully on my laptop obviously fixes it but that isn't always an option. I have searched google high and low for an answer and absolutely nothing. I am completely stumped on where else to look to try and disable this non-stop beeping. Why can't windows just make stuff easy!

zeus224

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Have you tried disabling the warnings in the BIOS?
I just tried and it seems that there is so advanced options tab in my bios, I have an Acer aspire R. I did some quick google searching and none I have found so far have told me how to get into advance options in the bios for Acer aspires though it does seem to be a problem. There is no option anywhere in the BIOS to enable advanced options that I can see and no place to disable warning sounds or anything of the such.

If you do not have the option to turn off the AC power adapter warning in the BIOS, then you might not be able to stop the beeping sound, since it comes from the hardware.
If the beep stops when you are in Safe Mode then it could be disabled in Windows.
Make sure to download and install the latest audio drivers for the Acer laptop from Acer website.
Now, when you open Sound, how many entries are listed under the Playback tab?

TRENDING THREADS