Discussion Help Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHZ OC

Dec 4, 2019

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
On the physical DIMMs, there will be a sticker of the model number, and it'll also state a version "ver #.###"

4.31 is Samsung, the others are all Hynix.
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178400
AFAIK, 4.31 was only in production very, very briefly.

For a 2400MHz kit at CL16, you could push frequencies in 99% of cases, but usually at the expense of voltage &/or timings.

That particular kit is running 1.2V, so you have some voltage headroom. Personally, I'd see what I could get, stable, with 1.35V or less. I wouldn't look to touch primary timings much - once you loosen CL especially, you're trading off speed for latency.

Ultimately, if a kit could do substantially >2400MHz, they would've been clocked & sold as such. That's not to say 2666-2800MHz is out of the question, but don't expect miracles.

Reactions: CharlieChains
Dec 4, 2019
On the physical DIMMs, there will be a sticker of the model number, and it'll also state a version "ver #.###"

4.31 is Samsung, the others are all Hynix.
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178400
AFAIK, 4.31 was only in production very, very briefly.

For a 2400MHz kit at CL16, you could push frequencies in 99% of cases, but usually at the expense of voltage &/or timings.

That particular kit is running 1.2V, so you have some voltage headroom. Personally, I'd see what I could get, stable, with 1.35V or less. I wouldn't look to touch primary timings much - once you loosen CL especially, you're trading off speed for latency.

Ultimately, if a kit could do substantially >2400MHz, they would've been clocked & sold as such. That's not to say 2666-2800MHz is out of the question, but don't expect miracles.

Thanks I checked what you said, It sais rev 8.30 so I think I have the Hynix ones,
I dont care about 3200mhz I just want to push some point near 3000mhz .
I´m new with AMD chipset I came from and old I5 4670k 4.8ghz OC
Checking the values above what timings and voltages would you recommend and what values to change on BIOS to get that OC properly working?

TRENDING THREADS