Question Help, GPU working properly but not displaying onto monitor

Aug 28, 2024
Hello,

My PC is a couple of years old, but was working fine up until now. My monitor screen suddenly blacked out while the PC was running (Connected to RTX 2070 GPU) and no matter how much I tried rebooting the system, it was still not displaying anything. I tried connecting my monitor to my motherboard in order to look at the bios, but that also wasn't displaying. What I noticed is that instead of the usual white light on the motherboard, it's a yellow light instead. Any help would be great!

Thank you,
122stormtrooper

Hello,

My PC is a couple of years old, but was working fine up until now. My monitor screen suddenly blacked out while the PC was running (Connected to RTX 2070 GPU) and no matter how much I tried rebooting the system, it was still not displaying anything. I tried connecting my monitor to my motherboard in order to look at the bios, but that also wasn't displaying. What I noticed is that instead of the usual white light on the motherboard, it's a yellow light instead. Any help would be great!

Thank you,
122stormtrooper
Providing monitor is not at fault, you can't know that GPU is working properly. What is rest of your PC, not all processors have built in graphics to display thru MB ? If it has try when GPU is removed

Reactions: stonecarver
Aug 28, 2024
Hello CountMike,

My PC is specs are:

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070,
Ram: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro Memory 16gb
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x 3rd Gen
Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570 - Plus (Wi-Fi)
Cooling System: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT
Storage: WD Black 500gb SSD + 1 TB HDD
Single Fan: Fractal Design Venturi HF-12

Monitor is confirmed not at fault, since I tried connecting the PC to a different monitor with a different HDMI cable and it still would not display.

Thank you,
122stormtrooper
Providing monitor is not at fault, you can't know that GPU is working properly. What is rest of your PC, not all processors have built in graphics to display thru MB ? If it has try when GPU is removed

Last edited:
Hello CountMike,

My PC is specs are:

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070,
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x 3rd Gen
Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570 - Plus (Wi-Fi)
Cooling System: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT
Storage: WD Black 500gb SSD + 1 TB HDD
Single Fan: Fractal Design Venturi HF-12

Monitor is confirmed not at fault, since I tried connecting the PC to a different monitor with a different HDMI cable and it still would not display.

Thank you,
122stormtrooper
That CPU does not contain IGPU so you can't get signal by connecting monitor to MB. That leaves possible suspects GPU itself (yes they can die out of blue) or PSU.

Aug 28, 2024
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

History of heavy use for gaming and/or video editing? Maybe even bit-mining?
Hello Ralston18,

CoolerMaster MasterWatt 650 Bronze

Condition: Was new, now used

I am playing games that require a heavy load such as Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and HalfSword. I have edited videos using this PC. Not so much on the bit-mining part though, but I have used Salad once a few years ago.

Thank you,
122stormtrooper