Help! Hard drive intallation on Dell Poweredger 400SC

Daniel

The system specs state maximum HD size is 240GB. I have two 160GB hard
drives. Only one of them is seeen in Windows server 2003. The bios
sees both - one as primary master the other as Primary Slave.
Any leads on how to anable both?

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:44:08 -0700, Daniel wrote:

> The system specs state maximum HD size is 240GB. I have two 160GB hard
> drives. Only one of them is seeen in Windows server 2003. The bios
> sees both - one as primary master the other as Primary Slave.
> Any leads on how to anable both?

Does fdisk see it?

Did you partition (with fdisk) and format the second drive?

Daniel

Both Hard drives were formated wth Fdisk.

Wes Newell <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.04.18.06.46.29.207282@TAKEOUTverizon.net>...
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:44:08 -0700, Daniel wrote:
>
> > The system specs state maximum HD size is 240GB. I have two 160GB hard
> > drives. Only one of them is seeen in Windows server 2003. The bios
> > sees both - one as primary master the other as Primary Slave.
> > Any leads on how to anable both?
>
> Does fdisk see it?
>
> Did you partition (with fdisk) and format the second drive?

> > > The system specs state maximum HD size is 240GB. I have two 160GB hard
> > > drives. Only one of them is seeen in Windows server 2003. The bios
> > > sees both - one as primary master the other as Primary Slave.
> > > Any leads on how to anable both?
> >
> > Does fdisk see it?
> >
> > Did you partition (with fdisk) and format the second drive?

> Both Hard drives were formated wth Fdisk.

You partition it using fdisk, you need to run format afterwards.

Do the drives show in Disk Management? (right click my computer, choose
Manage)

They should be there, one will probably show as unformatted, right click on
it and chose Format

Adam S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts