Help, I need a new net-card.

Fientelo

Distinguished
May 4, 2013
Hello,

So I am starting to get some misbehaviors when it comes to internet access on my computer and I got some strong idea that its the netcard (or what you guys call NIC?).

Basically its like this:
Setup = Fiber box -> router -> 3 pc's.

What happens:
I lose internet connection eventho I am still on, I just get the ! marker on my internet connection and the connection seems sloppy. Like everything comes in peaks.
When I try to diagnose a solution is asks me if there is a specific site since it sees no problem with the internet HOWEVER it does show theres something.
Sometimes I lose connection completely, then when I run diagnose it says the internet cable is wrongly plugged in or damaged, I tried changing the cable with 3 different ones and they are all working perfectly on other PC's.

I decided to try use another NIC port I got on my PC (I have 2 apparently).
But I am still getting the same issue, when I get these problems the other 2 pcs are running perfectly fine on the internet.

I'll make notice that the internet connection has been FINE for 2 years, this started acting around 3 months ago.

So.
I am looking for a new NIC card so that I can use a wired connection, I dont trust wireless ever and if I try to google all I seem to find is wireless...

Fientelo

Distinguished
May 4, 2013

Done that before.
It fixxes the issue but so does restarting the pc, after a week or 2 the issue comes back.

Fientelo

Distinguished
May 4, 2013
So I did what USAFRet said, it worked and then already again today the problem is now back. I got the ! mark at my connection if I run diagnostics it says it doesnt see any problem at all, if I go on the interwebs it runs slow as hell and sometimes smooth as butter.
If I run speedtest it takes ~1-2 minutes before it figures my MS and says its 5 ms to a local host.
Another 1-3 minutes to start the download speed test and the download speed test runs smoothly once started
Another 1-5 minutes to start upload speed test, it spikes but always been running like that guess its normal? But the fact that it takes so long before each test starts worries me.

I am pretty sure its my netcard and not my internet, but again I am not able to find a decent wired netcard out there, all I find is wireless...

* also I tried to disable IPV6 today, restarted pc and problem still persists.
* I try to run ICSI Netalyzr to see if I can get some results from there, ran the first test but was unable to get my results cause of the bad network.