help! ID a pentium 4

jeduars

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2002
Hi,I have a 1.5 Ghz Pentium 4 256k L2, socket 478 and i want to know what kind of core it has... i think its a willamete but I posted just to make sure.... will it work with a motherboard using the 875P chipset?? thanks

It's a willamette. Some 875 boards don't support 400 fsb. You won't gain much by switching to a new board. I would suggest you wait until you can afford to upgrade both the cpu and board at the same time unless your old board is kaput.

jeduars

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2002
well it seems I'll have to wait till I can afford both the processor and the motherboard, I just wanted to change my mobo for a Chaintech 9CJS just to get things like the card reader and the remote but it doesn't support willametes so i guess I'll just have to save some more cash before I upgrade... thanks for the replies!

G

You will probably have to save some money for new memory as well. You probably either have PC6/7/800 RDRAM, which is close to useless these days, or worse, you may be one of those people that got suckered into a P4+SDRAM.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =