BlinkserTD

Reputable
Jan 13, 2020
Ok so I really enjoy playing fortnite and for some reason recently its been freezing and the screen turns to a solid color screen usually blue sometimes Cyan, Green, Pink And Gray Sometimes the crash is accompanied by an "rrrrrr" sound and I have tried literally everything that I can think of! I've even tried running a system file checker scan. BUT NOTHING WORKS! PLEASE HELP! Also, the crash sometimes happens while I'm playing Minecraft but very very rarely and 90% of the time when it crashes when I'm playing Minecraft, I'm recording too but that's it

This could be anything from a corrupt graphics driver (or bad install), to corrupt system files, to failing hardware, to malware, etc. Any time you get strange sounds with a crash you should run a HDD diagnostic if you have the game installed on a HDD.

Also, SFC only works if you first make sure the system file is healthy by restoring it.

This is the proper way to run SFC...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

You also need to adhere to the recommended file space for the drives you use, especially the one the OS is installed on. It's best not to exceed 85% of the actual (not advertised) space.

I also recommend running MSI Afterburner in the background as you game to look at real time temps and GPU and CPU usage. You can set it to show which stats you want onscreen in real time.

If you have an OC on your CPU or GPU, try reverting to factory clocks, as it may be unstable.

Last edited:

BlinkserTD

Reputable
Jan 13, 2020
Hi there,

Let's start at the start. List your PC specs in full. Including PSU and also monitor resolution.

It sounds like a hardware issue, so could be a lot of things. I suspect a GPU issue, but we need more info first.
actually nevermind lol imma get you the specs in a second (just FYI I said nevermind because I asked where I could go to get the list of my specs. I still REALLY NEED HELP!) my GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560 4gb ddr5 w/ model # in case you need it va56c5rf41. Also, what specs specifically do you need?

Last edited:

BlinkserTD

Reputable
Jan 13, 2020
VERY GOOD NEWS!!! i dramatically underclocked the gpu and it worked!!... Forrrr about 5 minutes but i was actually playing it where as before i wouldnt be able to get into a game and even stand still EVEN IN CREATIVE BY MYSELF!... for more than 0.25 seconds then it happened. the pc froze up and now i just underclocked it and it increased the time by like 10 minutes so im gonna underclock it more. Again, ill keep you posted

VERY GOOD NEWS!!! i dramatically underclocked the gpu and it worked!!... Forrrr about 5 minutes but i was actually playing it where as before i wouldnt be able to get into a game and even stand still EVEN IN CREATIVE BY MYSELF!... for more than 0.25 seconds then it happened. the pc froze up and now i just underclocked it and it increased the time by like 10 minutes so im gonna underclock it more. Again, ill keep you posted

This might be a short term fix, but is not a solution. You want to find what's causing the problem. Undervolting the GPU, could point to not enough power being supplied by your PSU!

List your PC specs: CPU/Motherboard, Ram type/amount, PSU, case, cooling fans etc. List all the parts in your pc.

BlinkserTD

Reputable
Jan 13, 2020
This might be a short term fix, but is not a solution. You want to find what's causing the problem. Undervolting the GPU, could point to not enough power being supplied by your PSU!

List your PC specs: CPU/Motherboard, Ram type/amount, PSU, case, cooling fans, etc. List all the parts in your pc.

Ok, when I get home ill look to find all my parts but is there any 1 place I can go on the computer and get all of my parts so I can just copy and paste to this forum? if so then how do I get to it?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Ok, when I get home ill look to find all my parts but is there any 1 place I can go on the computer and get all of my parts so I can just copy and paste to this forum? if so then how do I get to it?

No. Some things like power supply, you won't even find the information directly in Windows. Speccy can tell you some things. Yeah, it's a pain to have to open it up and look at the PSU, but in all honesty, you should always know what parts you're running in the first place.

BlinkserTD

Reputable
Jan 13, 2020
ok so I found it, I have an AMD Radeon RX 560 graphics card and an intel core i5-4460, aN Asustek V87-pro motherboard with an EVGA 600B PSU. is there any other specs you need?