[SOLVED] Help installing a new Corsair rx750m, I can’t get the PC to power on ?

Aug 10, 2021
Hi guys. Upgrading my pc as the old psu seems to be failing. I’ll admit I’ve never installed a psu, the book with the power unit wasn’t allot of help either. I’ve Hooked up the cpu power. Motherboard power. Pcie power and sata’s, the front panel connector to the motherboard is in too but no power. Can anyone offer advice please?

Solution
Never mix modular cables providing power from different psus or off the shelf cables. Cpu, atx, pcie and sata, any power related cable. Industry don't follow a standard so different psu brands and sometimes models can change pin diagrams. Cables designed for a particular psu redirect wires where they're meant to go. If mix, you run the risk of +/- terminals feeding the wrong pins to the component and you guess what happens then.

Fingers crossed the psu not turning on the computer is a blessing and that it's short prevention has kicked in.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Never mix modular cables providing power from different psus or off the shelf cables. Cpu, atx, pcie and sata, any power related cable. Industry don't follow a standard so different psu brands and sometimes models can change pin diagrams. Cables designed for a particular psu redirect wires where they're meant to go. If mix, you run the risk of +/- terminals feeding the wrong pins to the component and you guess what happens then.

Fingers crossed the psu not turning on the computer is a blessing and that it's short prevention has kicked in.

Solution