[SOLVED] Help... Issues with RAM detection on new mobo/cpu

Apr 1, 2020
I just purchased and installed a new i5-9600kf w/ hyper 212 evo on an MSI z390-a pro mobo.
Installing the cooler was a bit forceful as usual for the "X" mounts when trying to screw it in, And had to press quite hard to make enough contact to tighten it. When I tested the board, I found that it would only recognize RAM installing in the 2 right slots, so separate DIMMs. The diagram goes D1-D2-D1-D2 and it recommends to install both sticks in D2 if running two, but the board simply won't boot if I plug anything into the left D1-D2 slots. If anyone has ideas to fix please let me know I would be very grateful. I'm getting an error message for inefficient RAM setup every boot due to using two different Dimms currently, and my PC has frozen/crashed a few times since getting windows and a few applications installed.

Solution
It appears you never identified the memory you have a question about with a part number.

To me, it appears a faulty hyper 212 evo installation may have damaged the motherboard. You may have skipped using some of the parts in the bag. A lot of force is not required.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Dude I said in the question that the RAM works fine in the other 2 slots. Is this apple support or what

Welcome to the forums,

I understand you are frustrated with your issue however respect on this forum is compulsory. Do not belittle members, and do not abuse the report system with complaints about the help not being what you expected. This is a forum filled with people volunteering their time to help. If this persons answers aren't what you wanted, be patient, someone else will come along who may know a bit more about your issue.

It appears you never identified the memory you have a question about with a part number.

To me, it appears a faulty hyper 212 evo installation may have damaged the motherboard. You may have skipped using some of the parts in the bag. A lot of force is not required.

Solution
Apr 1, 2020

Sorry, missed the ram. https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232174
that is what i'm currently using.

I've installed a few of these hyper 212 evo coolers and always seemed to need some pressure when mounting the opposite screws on the "x". I will definitely check that though.

Apr 1, 2020
Welcome to the forums,

I understand you are frustrated with your issue however respect on this forum is compulsory. Do not belittle members, and do not abuse the report system with complaints about the help not being what you expected. This is a forum filled with people volunteering their time to help. If this persons answers aren't what you wanted, be patient, someone else will come along who may know a bit more about your issue.
My mistake, Honestly thought it was a troll or a bot.