[SOLVED] Help me choose a Motherboard for Ryzen 3 3200G

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
i'm upgrading my dead FX-8350 to Ryzen 3 3200G and I couldn't decide on a motherboard yet. I will be using this build mainly for music production and some light gaming .

These are the available options in my area:

ASUS TUF B450M-PRO GAMING (102€)
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M (98€)
GIGABYTE B450M GAMING (90€)
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H (78€)
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX (69€)

I'd rather go with the cheapest option but I could spend up to 110€ if it's worth it. I'd also prefere if the motherboard runs the 3200G out of the box.

Thanks you.

Solution
The only board on the one you listed that support the 3200G out of the box is the MAX one. All the MAX motherboard in the title will support Ryzen 3000 series out of the box. Unless the other B450 motherboard box has the "Ryzen 3000 ready" on the board they will not support that CPU out of the box. If you buy a non MAX board communicate with the seller and ask if it was BIOS updated for the ryzen 3000 before buying.

A good board you could buy is the Tomahawk MAX but I'm sure it's out of stock right?

Please take a look at this.

https://i.redd.it/7n48gewun0p21.png

If you buy a B450 buy the one in the mid-range tier. The one at the bottom have horrible VRM's and you should stay away from them.
The only board on the one you listed that support the 3200G out of the box is the MAX one. All the MAX motherboard in the title will support Ryzen 3000 series out of the box. Unless the other B450 motherboard box has the "Ryzen 3000 ready" on the board they will not support that CPU out of the box. If you buy a non MAX board communicate with the seller and ask if it was BIOS updated for the ryzen 3000 before buying.

A good board you could buy is the Tomahawk MAX but I'm sure it's out of stock right?

If you buy a B450 buy the one in the mid-range tier. The one at the bottom have horrible VRM's and you should stay away from them.

Last edited:
Solution

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013

The best board you could buy is the Tomahawk MAX but I'm sure it's out of stock right?

Thank you you very much! The chart you've provided is EXTREMELY useful. I will read it carefully and choose based on my areas availability

Which one of these 3 would you pick?

ASUS TUF B450M-PRO GAMING

GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M

GIGABYTE B450M GAMING

None of them. They are not MAX so you would need a BIOS update to support the CPU which would need you lending a CPU from AMD or buying an older CPU to do the BIOS update before installing the CPU you want to buy. They are in the Low tier too from the picture. If you have to wait a bit to get a good board because of the all th good board being out of stock you could wait a bit.

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
None of them. They are not MAX so you would need a BIOS update to support the CPU which would need you lending a CPU from AMD or buying an older CPU to do the BIOS update before installing the CPU you want to buy. They are in the Low tier too from the picture. If you have to wait a bit to get a good board because of the all th good board being out of stock you could wait a bit.
Shops in my area are restocking soon. That to say, it highly probable that these motherboards will support 3000 series out of the box . Anyway, would the ASUS TUF B450M-PRO GAMING be MUCH better than the three listed motherboards?

It's highly probable but not 100% certain that the board you buy like the Asus TUF B450M-PRO GAMING won't have been sitting on the shelf for a months. There is no guarantee that the BIOS will be updated. It's highly recommended you communicate with the seller. You don't want to install that system and realize the BIOS was not updated. The only way that board will be updated is if it was produced recently or if the shop selling it updated them. You need to know or buy / wait for a MAX B450 board.

Yes the ASUS TUG B450M-PRO GAMING is better than the other 2.

KareemGT

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
It's highly probable but not 100% certain that the board you buy like the Asus TUF B450M-PRO GAMING won't have been sitting on the shelf for a months. There is no guarantee that the BIOS will be updated. It's highly recommended you communicate with the seller. You don't want to install that system and realize the BIOS was not updated. The only way that board will be updated is if it was produced recently or if the shop selling it updated them. You need to know or buy / wait for a MAX B450 board.

Yes the ASUS TUG B450M-PRO GAMING is better than the other 2.
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help .
I will make sure the motherboard im buying supports the CPU out of the box before buying.