Question Help me decipher this Event Viewer BSOD

Hmb556

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2014
I leave my computer on overnight to do some mining (don't hate I'm not hoarding GPU's) and it shut off last night and would only boot to BIOS, would show a black screen after exiting BIOS and then return to BIOS. After leaving it off for a few hours to go back to sleep it now works fine again. Mostly just curious as to what could have caused it. I don't think it was a power loss, none of the clocks in the house reset and it's also hooked up to a UPS. It doesn't look like there was an actual BSOD I could find in the event viewer, just a message saying the computer shut down unexpectedly and the following info on the details tab of that message. Does that give any useful information or will the reason remain a mystery? Thanks

Ryzen 3900x with noctua dh-15
MSI MEG X570 motherboard
EVGA 3080 XC3
EVGA P2 1000 watt psu, maybe 5 years old? still within warranty
Western digital SN750 NVME SSD 1TB, pretty new maybe a year old. Using 700GB out of 1TB
Windows 10 home

Imgur link wouldn't insert for some reason, here is the URL: View: https://imgur.com/a/1FaxE3C

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History for additional error information. Reliability History is much more user friendly and the timeline format can be very helpful.

Hmb556

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2014
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History for additional error information. Reliability History is much more user friendly and the timeline format can be very helpful.
Updated with more information. Reliability history just says when I rebooted the PC that the previous system shutdown was unexpected. No reports were generated around midnight when the shutdown actually happened.