HELP ME!!! I'm going crazy!!!!

G

Anyone ever hear of this crap?
I have a CD-RW and a DVD on my secondary IDE. When I boot, it detects everything fine.... I even get visual verification that BOTH are detected (during boot). But once I hit Windows, niether are there! What the hell is this??? I thought it was just happening with my KT7... but it's even happening with my old BX mobo. Someone please help me here, Ive checked everything including jumpers and to make sure the cable are facing the wrong way! NOTHING! What the hell is going on here??????? Im not a damn moron..... I've done this a million times and now this??? Someone help me please!

Hpnotyz

dhlucke

Polypheme
Hey, if your hardware and bios are detecting it fine, then maybe it's windows. What's going on in the device manager is my question? Maybe just delete the drivers, update them, or a combination of both so that windows starts over and redetects them. Are you using winME? That damn OS is a mess on my computer so I got rid of it.

jvanber

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Perhaps its a cable-select issue. Try switching devices from master to slave, and vice-versa.

Also, I've seen many drives POST fine before, but some CDROM/DVD drives will act very weird on a UDMA66/100 controller -- some just prefer UDMA/33. I've also seen where the opposite is true.

Hope it starts you in the right direction.

Joshua