[SOLVED] Help me with my display problem

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
So I've been having some problems. A few weeks ago. My screen froze then it became disoriented for a minute before becoming normal again. It happened for a second time last night. Today, I left it on for a while then when I came back, the screen just gone white, pure white, pressing anything does nothing. So I forced shutdown with the power button then during startup, the screen disoriented for a while then it's fine. Can I get help on identifying my problem is either with the monitor or the GPU?

Link for the picture: https://ibb.co/YPzbVqy

Specs:-
R5 2600
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600Mhz
ASRock B450 Steel Legend
Sapphire RX580 Pulse SE
240GB Patriot Burst SSD
1TB Seagate Barracuda
Super Flower Leadex II Gold 650w

Solution
I don't have another system to try it unfortunately. The PSU doesn't make any sound tho. So maybe the GPU?

Just because you don't have another system to try your monitor you can't just skip it being the issue here. It's still need to be tested somewhere else or another monitor tested on your system.

The PSU doesn't have to make any sounds to be faulty. Even a good model PSU can just decide to give you issues. That's electronics for you. Better quality means less chance of it happening but it can still happen.

It could be the GPU yes but for that part you still need another system to test it in or another GPU to test your system with.

Hardware issues mean swapping parts between systems to find the issue or you have to buy the...
I don't have another system to try it unfortunately. The PSU doesn't make any sound tho. So maybe the GPU?

Just because you don't have another system to try your monitor you can't just skip it being the issue here. It's still need to be tested somewhere else or another monitor tested on your system.

The PSU doesn't have to make any sounds to be faulty. Even a good model PSU can just decide to give you issues. That's electronics for you. Better quality means less chance of it happening but it can still happen.

It could be the GPU yes but for that part you still need another system to test it in or another GPU to test your system with.

Hardware issues mean swapping parts between systems to find the issue or you have to buy the parts you think is the issue and replace them and see if that fix the problem.

You could start with a DDU of your GPU drivers and a reinstall of the latest drivers to see if it could be drivers related.

Solution

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016

Hardware issues mean swapping parts between systems to find the issue or you have to buy the parts you think is the issue and replace them and see if that fix the problem.

You could start with a DDU of your GPU drivers and a reinstall of the latest drivers to see if it could be drivers related.
I do have another monitor to try. But not another GPU. I'll try that first for a few days.