GPU- Gtx 1660 6GB
CPU - I5 - 9400F
Ram - HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4
3 Approx. Fans in the cabinet
WD 120GB SSD
Seagate 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM
Antec NX200 Case
PSU - 450W
I have a 600VA ups for this. Is it enough? will something unfortunate happen if i use the ups with this system? please tell me all about it im confused.

Sharry_1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
Guys, recommend me a ups rating for this rig-
Motherboard - ASRock H310M-HDV
GPU- Gtx 1660 6GB
CPU - I5 - 9400F
Ram - HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4
3 Fans in in the cabinet. One of them is preinstalled, the other 2 are Jonsbo FR-601 Solar Eclipse RGB.
WD 120GB SSD
Seagate 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM
Antec NX200 Case
PSU - 450W
I have a 600VA ups for this. Is it enough? will something unfortunate happen if i use the ups with this system? please tell me all about it im confused.

That's pretty small, especially as usually the monitor is also attached to it. 600VA is typically only good for ~330-360w but this may well work for awhile as your system will often be at idle.

Worst case is it simply shuts off when it attempts to transfer the load, making it worse than no UPS (your PSU may have enough hold-up time to ride out minor power glitches, but not if the UPS disconnects the load!). I've seen 600VA UPSes simply keep beeping whenever an excessive load is attached.

BTW you could use the old UPS to run something like only the monitor after you get a newer one--even if the batteries have degraded some, it doesn't use as much power, and this will keep this load off the other UPS for longer runtime.

Generally, consumer UPSes are only rated 4 to 7 minutes of runtime under full load--when the batteries are new. This goes downhill fast if you ever actually use them, so bigger is better.

Sharry_1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
That's pretty small, especially as usually the monitor is also attached to it. 600VA is typically only good for ~330-360w but this may well work for awhile as your system will often be at idle.

Worst case is it simply shuts off when it attempts to transfer the load, making it worse than no UPS (your PSU may have enough hold-up time to ride out minor power glitches, but not if the UPS disconnects the load!). I've seen 600VA UPSes simply keep beeping whenever an excessive load is attached.

BTW you could use the old UPS to run something like only the monitor after you get a newer one--even if the batteries have degraded some, it doesn't use as much power, and this will keep this load off the other UPS for longer runtime.

Generally, consumer UPSes are only rated 4 to 7 minutes of runtime under full load--when the batteries are new. This goes downhill fast if you ever actually use them, so bigger is better.
omg im legit scared now. im so tight on budget oml i can't buy a ups now. guess i'll have to wait and save up and until that happens, i'll directly use the socket to run the pc lol

Latest posts