[SOLVED] HELP my cpu is terrible underperforming

Solution
i got u bro
Thanks.

Have a look in the ThrottleStop C States window. These CPUs need to have either core C3, C6 or C7 enabled in the BIOS so they can go up to 3500 MHz when one core is active.

https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon E3-1220 v3.html

Run a TS Bench - 1 Thread test and you should see evidence of the 35 multiplier as long as you do not have too much stuff running in the background keeping the other cores active. Best to turn off that other monitoring utility. The load it puts on your CPU will interfere with reaching the maximum multiplier. It also has a hard time recognizing when the maximum multiplier is being used.
Why do you think it's under performing? Because of benchmark? Was it ever performing better?

Not only this CPU is considered as quite old, it was never meant for normal desktop (or gaming) use -it's a server CPU. At that time (2013) a two years older i5-2500K was better choice for home use.
Saying that, I think it really is a time for you to buy (build) a new PC.

it's a server CPU and doesn't overclock via multiplier - so it's never going to be a speed demon. but the fact you're using a hard drive and on a very old system, doesn't mean it's underperforming. the site is misleading because it compares your to PC's that are custom-OC'ed by adjusting baseclock - your PC is fine just no longer fast by modern standards

Mar 15, 2021
As previously stated it's an old processor, Windows 10 has added a bunch of features that slow down your computer and occupy RAM, if Windows 7 were still supported I would have recommended you used that, with all it's drawbacks it still was way better than Windows 10 in terms of performance. One thing to note here is that when playing video games your CPU only takes a small portion of the load, and most games have settings to move an even bigger portion of it onto the GPU. What I wish to emphasize on is that in terms of Gaming you don't exactly need the best of CPU's, since as I explained it's the capabilities of your GPU that will greatly bottleneck your system. With that in no way am I trying to degrade the value of a good CPU, since your Operating System and quite litteraly every application works through instructing it to do what has to be done. If I understood well you are trying to play minecraft which is not the most hardware intensive game out there; Meaning you can get it to run on some pretty low end pc's with some adjustments that can be made in the games Options and by downloading a game optimization mod called Optifine that will not only greatly improve the games performance but will give you a much smoother game experience as well as additional in-game options to improve the performance even further. Additionally you could try setting your power options to high performance and also search about overclocking software, you should also go to Windows Settings and disable all the Xbox live services (trust me it has a significant impact) and if that is not enough you can change your Windows Performance options to boost performance by pressing: Win + R-> typing sysdm.cpl -> Advanced -> Performance -> Adjust for best performance -> Apply -> Ok. If you are still not satisfied with the result I'm afraid the only real alternative is a new build.

The monitoring software you are using shows that your CPU is running at a maximum speed of 800 MHz. Something is wrong.

Try running ThrottleStop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

On the main screen clear the BD PROCHOT box. Turn on the log file option and go run another userbenchmark. When the test is finished, exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. This log will be in the ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach this log to your next post or copy and paste the data to www.pastebin.com

Show some pictures of ThrottleStop so maybe we can solve this problem.

The benchmark is still saying you have too much background stuff running.
The userbenchmark does not report that accurately. The background tasks seem to be the least of the problems here.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021
The monitoring software you are using shows that your CPU is running at a maximum speed of 800 MHz. Something is wrong.

Try running ThrottleStop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

On the main screen clear the BD PROCHOT box. Turn on the log file option and go run another userbenchmark. When the test is finished, exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. This log will be in the ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach this log to your next post or copy and paste the data to www.pastebin.com

Show some pictures of ThrottleStop so maybe we can solve this problem.

The userbenchmark does not report that accurately. The background tasks seem to be the least of the problems here.
OK THX

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41109467
OMG it fimg work THX so much bro thank you bro it save me from buying another pc
[/QUOTE]
All you did was get rid of the CPU usage that was already their that was the problem to begin with every bad score you had it had something like this in it.

Very high background CPU (63%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. How to reduce background CPU.

All you did was get rid of the CPU usage
CPU usage was high because his CPU was throttling. No one seemed to notice how low his max CPU speed was.

aptLcw4.png

Getting rid of some background tasks helped the cause but it was ThrottleStop that was able to fix this common throttling problem. His background CPU usage went from 25% to 5% in userbenchmark. Why? Because his CPU is now running almost 5X faster. The CPU is no longer grinding along at 800 MHz when it has something to do.

Hopefully he comes back and posts a few screenshots of what he changed and shows how those changes increased his CPU speed back to normal. He might be too busy being able to finally use his computer at full speed.

Mar 16, 2021
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41109467
OMG it fimg work THX so much bro thank you bro it save me from buying another pc
All you did was get rid of the CPU usage that was already their that was the problem to begin with every bad score you had it had something like this in it.

Very high background CPU (63%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. How to reduce background CPU.
[/QUOTE]
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/41181967
check this out

Mar 16, 2021