Question Help! My GPU with factory settings gets higher clock speeds than the manufacturers default boost clock.

Jan 5, 2020
I recently added a gtx 1050 ti to my system with a base clock of 1290MHz and a boost clock of 1392MHz (not overclocked). When using msi afterburner (at default settings) I've noticed that while gaming the frequency rises to 1750MHz. I've read that this is the cause of GPU boost 3.0 and most people have said that going past the boost clock is normal.

However in my case running games at 1750MHz is very unstable causing stuttering even though the frame rates are high making gpu intensive games unplayable. The power/voltage limit are at 1 most of the time causing gpu throttling which decreases performance.

Is there any way to change it so 1392MHz is the maximum speed it can reach?

Lutfij

Titan
By recently adding, I assume you were on an older GPU. By that, I mean to ask did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU drivers and then installed the latest Nvidia drivers for that GPU after dropping into the system?

On second thoughts, what are the specs to your system? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Jan 5, 2020
By recently adding, I assume you were on an older GPU. By that, I mean to ask did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU drivers and then installed the latest Nvidia drivers for that GPU after dropping into the system?

On second thoughts, what are the specs to your system? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

The system didn't contain a gpu before i added the gtx 1050 ti meaning there were no preexisting graphics drivers on my computer. The latest Nvidia drivers are also installed.
My pc is a prebuilt HP 8300 SFF which i added a Gtx 1050 ti.

My specs are:
CPU: i5 3470 3.40 GHz
Motherboard: Unknown but fully functional
Ram: 8gbs DDR3
SSD/HDD: 1tb HDD
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 ti low profile (all power drawn from pcie port)
PSU: 240 watt 90% effiecient (the low profile gpu is confirmed to work with this wattage)
Chassis: HP 8000 series Small Form Factor Case

TRENDING THREADS