[SOLVED] Help! My Hard disk automatically changed to dynamic

PrateekPanwar646

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
I have two hard disks (Basic, GPT, 1 bootable windows 10 +1TB for imp data). I have a friend whose windows was corrupted, So I reinstalled by connecting his hard drive in my pc (all of mine connected while install) after all of that.
I put my one booting hard drive, It's working fine as expected.

Now, in my second hard drive where my most important data is present. After connecting, Windows is showing it as dynamic and it's un allocated.

How can I get my two drives back without loosing data and remove unallocated sign

Solution
DMDE may have been able to recover your partitions with a few clicks. However, I would need to see the damage before I could suggest a fix. As for prevention, that would depend on what I found.
D

Deleted member 14196

Why didn’t you just install windows on his drive leaving his drives alone why did you plug them into your system? You Most likely formatted you drive

I hope you backed up all your data because it’s most likely gone

PrateekPanwar646

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Why didn’t you just install windows on his drive leaving his drives alone why did you plug them into your system? You Most likely formatted you drive

I hope you backed up all your data because it’s most likely gone

Thankfully, I recovered most stuff using "Recuva" software. I removed my both hard drives then installed on his. It's due to he couldn't carry his PC at my home and he had to save his data in C drive on mine. And, Anyways Windows 10 automatically install basic drivers, At his home he installed from his driver DVD. I ended up corrupting my very old photos.

Suspicion: I think problem was I installed 2 hard drives in 2 SATA slots. I removed both of them and connected his hard drive in 2nd slot directly. So, After installation, It didn't detected my 2nd hard drive and made it un allocated. Suffering occurred, Lesson learnt.

PrateekPanwar646

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Can you show us the Partitions window in DMDE?

I had to recover all that with corruptions. But, If you can tell me a way to prevent this is future, Thanks in advance.

It was just written Unallocated (989 GB) at that time and booting hard disk in SATA 1 was normal without any problem. I think it was due to inserting his HDD in SATA slots